Josef Hoffmann designed this carpet in 1907 for Palais Stoclet. The carpet was, however, also used in various rooms in Villa Ast and to equip a number of other residential apartments. Gustav Klimt, for instance, used it for his studio in Feldmühlgasse in Vienna’s 13th district. Our three carpets were produced in 1912 for a different project.
We would like to thank Mr Peter Backhausen for his friendly help with the description of the carpet.