Otto Prutscher studied painting in the class of Franz von Matsch and architecture in the class of Josef Hoffmann, where he developed his love for artistically and technically outstanding leather works designed with gold embossed graphic elements, such as leather cases and leather folders. Two of these cases are depicted in the magazine "Dekorative Kunst 1901", another in the magazine "Das Interieur 1903" and yet another in The Studio Yearbook "The Art - Revival in Austria".
His most important work in leather, however, is an ornamental piece of furniture designed for the 1909 International Photographic Exhibition in Dresden and executed by Wiener Werkstätte.
A comparison of the details and the design of the two cases from 1901 with the portable bureau presented, is clear proof of Otto Prutscher's authorship.
Cat. no. H22/02